Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
As a dental implant and periodontal specialist, Dr. Alger places implants for patients with a variety of dental conditions.
What makes an ideal candidate?
Any patient that is missing teeth – or is in need of tooth replacement – is a candidate for dental implants. However, an ideal dental implant patient:
- Has a sufficient amount of bone tissue in the jaw
- Is free from gingivitis and periodontal disease
- Committed to not smoking during the recovery phase
- Exhibits good oral health
- Has a good overall health record
- Is to commit to healthy habits post-surgery
- Can commit to routine dental visits post surgery
What if I don’t have enough bone structure or healthy tissue?
Dr. Alger can graft bone and regenerate tissue to prepare a patient for dental implants! If a patient does not have a sufficient amount of bone structure, there are several types of grafting procedures that Dr. Alger can employ:
- Socket preservation
- Socket reconstruction
- Bone and tissue grafting
- Ridge augmentation
- Sinus grafting
Regardless of a patient’s condition, Dr, Alger can help! Our team will carefully create a recommended treatment plan for an optimally successful implant procedure.