Some patients are unhappy with the look of their teeth for various reasons. Are you convinced that your smile is too “gummy”, Dr. Fred Alger provides cosmetic gum lengthening for patients wishing to improve their smile.
For patients dissatisfied with “gummy” looking smiles, Dr. Alger performs cosmetic crown lengthening treatments to craft happy, confident smiles. He brings the expertise of a specialist in periodontics who performs a variety of non-surgical and surgical periodontal treatments.
What Is Cosmetic Crown Lengthening?
Sometimes, a patient feels that their teeth appear short and their smile appears “gummy.” If this is the case for you, a crown lengthening procedure can drastically improve the appearance of your smile by revealing more of the teeth to decrease the amount of gum showing.
Often, we can address this smile concern without the need for other cosmetic dental procedures like porcelain caps or dental veneers. Also, crown lengthening offers a permanent solution — unlike Botox or dermal fillers, which temporarily cover some of the gum’s appearance. Crown lengthening is a quick and simple procedure that can make a big difference to your smile and how you feel about your appearance.
How Does the Process Work?
Most patients seeking cosmetic crown lengthening treatments are recommended to Dr. Alger by their general dentist. We happily take referrals, but we also treat patients who have discovered us through other avenues.
The crown lengthening process usually works like this:
- Patients discuss the appearance of their smile with their general dentist.
- The patient’s dentist may recognize that a crown lengthening procedure may improve smile appearance without the need for additional dental treatments.
- The dentist refers the patient to Dr. Alger for the appropriate procedure and discusses the treatment with Dr. Alger.
- Dr. Alger meets the patient to discuss treatment and ensure that the procedure is right for you.
- The crown lengthening procedure is performed in a separate appointment and generally takes about one hour.
- The general dentist will follow up in the weeks after the procedure to ensure that the patient’s smile goals are achieved.
What Are the Benefits of Cosmetic Crown Lengthening?
Dr. Alger’s crown lengthening procedure evens out your gum line to make your teeth look more uniform and to give you a natural-looking smile. This procedure improves the appearance of your smile often without the need for crowns or dental veneers.
Smile Improvements With a Specialist’s Touch
Dr. Alger wants to help you make an informed decision about your oral health. Whether you have been recommended by a general dentist or found us by your own means, call our office to schedule a consultation.
During this consultation visit, Dr. Alger can see whether crown lengthening is right for you, talk to you about the specifics of the procedure, and answer any questions you may have. If we decide together to move forward with this option to change your smile, you can set up a separate appointment for the procedure with Dr. Alger’s team.