Surgical solutions to restore healthy smiles.
As a periodontal specialist, Dr. Alger is uniquely trained in surgical solutions that restore healthy gums, save infected teeth and bring out the very best smiles in our patients.
Solutions are about people, not procedures.
Treating gum disease effectively starts with understanding people. Dr. Alger goes above and beyond to relate to each patient as he listens to your questions, identifies the goals of treatment, presents all available treatment options and decides upon a best plan forward to restore a healthy, happy mouth.
What kinds of periodontal surgery do we offer?
While Dr. Alger prefers non-invasive treatments, there are times when surgical treatment is the best choice to get our patients healthy. Dr. Alger performs the following types of procedures to restore healthy gums and save patients’ teeth:
- Surgical treatment of gum disease, such as periodontitis
- Placement of dental implants
- Bone regenerative procedures
- Tissue grafts to treat gum recession
- Cosmetic surgical procedures of the gum tissues
- Surgical treatment to help your dentist to achieve better fitting crowns and bridges
- Biopsies and removal of pathologic lesions within the oral cavity
- Surgical procedures to aid your orthodontist with tooth movement, tooth retention and maintenance of gum health
- Some patients may be candidates for hi-tech alternatives to conventional surgery