Your health and safety is our primary concern. That’s why our office has proper controls and precautions in place to protect our valued patients and staff including strict protocols in cleaning dental instruments and dental office sterilization. We have always practiced high levels of infection control to provide our patients with the highest quality of care in the safest possible environment.
Our team takes this issue even more seriously in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. During each visit with us, you can expect our team to follow specific protocols.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our office is following recommendations by the Ohio State Dental Board, which is working with the Ohio Dental Association and the governor’s office. The dental board’s mission is focused on safety during dental visits, and they provide guidance for dental practices to manage their responses to the changing COVID-19 pandemic.
Our office has implemented the following protocols until all restrictions have been lifted by the Ohio State Dental Board:
One patient admitted to the office at a time.
- Please call the office when you arrive in the parking lot. A member of our team will let you know when you can safely enter the building.
Signing/dating consent form(s) for Surgery Patients.
- Please sign and date the consent forms that were mailed to you and bring them to your appointment.
- We will take your temperature in the reception area. If your temperature is below 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit, we will see you for your appointment.
- We use a questionnaire to gauge whether you are sick or at risk, in which case we will postpone the appointment. A team member will contact you over the phone to complete the initial questionnaire before your appointment. Then, we repeat the questions regarding your current health when you arrive for your appointment. You will be asked to sign and date the questionnaire form. Click Here
- We ask that you use the provided hand sanitizer in the reception area upon entering and leaving the office.
- If you feel more comfortable entering the office with a mask on, you are welcome to do so. You can also expect Dr. Alger and his team to wear masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure the safety of themselves and our patients.
Payment of services via phone is preferred.
- We can accept a credit card payment over the phone.
We hope that this information gives you some insight into how we intend to maintain a clean, safe environment for all of our patients and staff members. If we follow any additional protocols or make changes to this list, our team will let you know as it applies to your appointment.
Dr. Alger takes every safety precaution through use of his in-office technology!
Dr. Alger’s office uses extra-oral suction systems to remove and filter aerosol particles created by dental procedures. He has added these technologies in the height of the pandemic with his patients’ and staff’s health and wellness in mind.
Ready To Get Started?
We are committed to both you and your regular dentist in the pursuit of your sustained oral health. We’re honored by the trust that our patients and referring dentists have placed in us, and we look forward to helping you achieve a healthy mouth.
If you have any questions about our Dental Sterilization Policy or regarding Dr. Fred Alger Periodontics and Dental Implants in general, please reach out to us! We are always happy to answer questions to make our patients more comfortable and help put their minds at ease. Give us a call today!